Results of the Day: February 6, 2019
February 6, 2019
- Developers of Zcash told, that there was a bug in the cryptocurrency, that allowed users to create any number of coins. The bug has existed for 2 years and was fixed last autumn.
- Bloomberg found that 12 days before his 'sudden' death, the founder of QuadrigaCX Gerald Cotten filed a will and left his wife several houses, an airplane, two yachts and two dogs. Wallets of QuadrigaCX users was never mentioned in the will. More and more questions arise.
- Opera added a feature of buying Ethereum in its mobile browser. At the moment this feature is available in Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
- Developers of Coinbase Wallet announced BTC support. They plan to add support of Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin in near future.
- Hacker attacked users of MyEtherWallet with phishing emails.
- American HQ of Huobi announced a deal with Prime Trust. This deal will allow Americans to deposit and withdraw funds in USD.
- Gemini cryptocurrency exchange suddenly began to shut down accounts of OTC platforms, that tried to cash out Gemini Dollar (GUSD).
Prices of main cryptocurrencies:
Bitcoin 3398$ (↓1.89%)
Ripple 0.292$ (↓2.31%)
Ethereum 104$ (↓3.04%)
EOS 2.34$ (↓2.01%)
Bitcoin Cash 116$ (↓1.79%)
Litecoin 33$ (↓3.10%)
Stellar 0.07385$ (↓4.88%)
Cryptocurrency market capitalization: $111 billion